ACTSYNCERRACT! 2005 Sync error: database schema version
ACT! 2005 Error Message: "Failed to synchronize with the server. Remote database schema version is invalid. Contact your administrator for assistance."
You are attempting to synchronize with your Parent database and you receive the following message:
"Failed to synchronize with the server. Remote database schema version is invalid. Contact your administrator for assistance."
There is more than one possible cause for this error.
This error will occur if you are attempting synchronize after the Parent database has been updated to a new build of ACT!. When ACT! 2005 not only is the program updated, but the database structure is also updated during this process. To resolve this issue, you will need to update your version of ACT! 2005 and your database to the same build as the Parent database.
This error can also occur if the Remote database is damaged. In some cases, rebuilding the Sync Objects and re-indexing your Remote will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:
Rebuild Sync Objects
1. Ensure that the ACT! is closed.
2. Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
3. In the Open field, enter act7diag, and then click OK. The ACT! 2005 Diagnostics utility launches:
4. Click the Databases button from the navigation bar. A list of your databases appears:
5. Click the rectangle on the left side of the DATABASE name in which you wish to rebuild the Sync Objects. The entire row displaying the database information becomes highlighted.
6. Click the Actions menu, point to Database Rebuild, and then click Rebuild Sync Objects. The following Rebuild Sync Objects dialog box appears:
7. Click Yes to continue. The following Rebuild Sync Objects dialog box appears:
8. Click OK to complete the process. Close the ACT! 2005 Diagnostics utility. Continue to the Integrity Check and Reindex section.
Integrity Check and Reindex
After rebuilding the Sync objects in your Remote database, follow the steps below to check the integrity of, and reindex your Remote database:
1. Launch ACT!.
2. Click the Tools menu, point to Database Maintenance, and then click Check and Repair. The following ACT! dialog box appears:
3. Ensure that both the Integrity Check and Re-index options are enabled, and then click OK. A progress indicator appears as the database is checked and repaired.
4. When the process has completed, the following ACT! message appears:
Create New Remote (Subscriber) database
If repairing the Remote database fails to resolve the issue, you must create a new Remote (Subscriber) database and begin the sync process again.