APLERRORError opening ACT 2005 regarding APL.EXE
Error opening ACT 2005 regarding APL.EXE
Last Review: September 13, 2005
When launching ACT!, you receive the following error: "APL.EXE - Common Language Runtime Debugging Service. Application has generated an exception that couldn't be handled.
more than one instance of apl.exe may exist in the startup group in Windows, or the the Photoshop Gamma Loader may be launching at startup.
There is more than one possible cause for this issue. This error may result if Photoshop Gamma Loader is launching upon Startup or if you have more than one copy of APL.EXE in your Startup group.
If Photoshop's Gamma Loader is launching on start up, you must disable this item in Msconfig or remove it from the Startup folder, and then restart the computer.
In most cases, you can remove the Photoshop Gamma Loader from loading at start up by following the steps below:
1. Click the Windows Start button, point to Programs, point to the Startup folder.
2. Right-click the Photoshop Gamma Loader item, and then click Delete from the shortcut menu. The Confirm Shortcut Delete dialog box appears.
3. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
For more information on the Adobe Photoshop's Gamma Loader. please refer to the following Web page:
If the Adobe Photoshop Gamma loader is not installed, you may have more than one APL.EXE item in your Startup group. Follow the steps below:
1. Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
2. Type msconfig into the Open field, and then click OK. The System Configuration Utility launches:
3. Under the Startup tab, examine Startup Item list for APL.
4. If you have more than one APL item, clear the check box for any APL items that do not point to C:\Program Files
\ACT\ACT for Win 7 in the Command column.
5. Click Apply and OK to close. STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.